The International Leadership Conference has come and gone. We were inspired, challenged, and encouraged. We were able to meet Christians from all over the world. The Ipoh disciples decided to be even more prayerful and grow in our walk with God. We also want to continue to bring the good news to the Ipoh community. Below is the picture of our contingent to the ILC 2014.
To listen to the sermons and lessons click on the either the:
- ILC Website and click on the ILC Lessons Archive button or
- Singapore Central Christian Church Website and click on the Resources/Sermons button – the Singapore website also have the SEA Region Conference lessons.
ICOC International Leadership Conference (27 to 31 August)
27 – 29, August 2014 : International Leadership Conference (ILC)
30 – 31, August 2014 : Conferences around the SEA Region ( please refer to page on SEA Region Conferences for details )
The SEA Region is humbled and honoured that Singapore was chosen as the site of the 2014 International Leadership Conference (ILC). This is a significant milestone, for it marks the first time in twenty years that an Asian country will be hosting an ICOC world leadership event.
The theme build! seemed to make sense for several reasons:
- The pages of the Bible are filled with inspiring stories of God’s people going up against all odds to build! His kingdom. Satan directs his fiery arrows at anyone who takes on the task to build! God’s church; most of those in leadership discover how costly and even dangerous such work can be. However, throughout history, whenever God’s people are led by courageous and Spirit-filled leaders, His kingdom eventually grows from strength to strength. The apostle Paul admonished the Corinthian disciples to build! on the right foundation (I Corinthians 3:10-15). While we cannot take credit for anything because we are all saved by and called to serve by God’s grace, we have to be careful how we build! The world is waiting for leaders and believers to build! His church!
- The theme build! reflects the heart of the Singapore story. Few gave this tiny island a chance of survival when independence was thrust upon her unexpectedly in 1965. The young nation’s leaders knew this 35-mile wide by 20-mile long city-state had to be extraordinary to survive. With vision, passion and determination, the Prime Minister and his team decided to build! Singapore in a very purposeful way, turning it from a sleepy developing-world backwater to a first-world nation in one generation. And build! it they did – today, with a population of over five million, Singapore is an English–speaking global city with one of the world’s highest per capita incomes.
- Partially inspired by such vision, diligence and determination, the SEA Region leaders are striving to build! on a strong and spiritual foundation, and they look forward to learning from the worldwide fellowship of leaders about how to betterbuild! in Asia. They are also trying their best to organise a faith-lifting and memorable event for all ILC participants, and at the same time, to create a compelling “Singapore experience” for everyone. We welcome you all to immerse yourselves in the rich vibrancy of sights, sounds and tastes, enjoying the colourful cultural tapestry that has come to represent our nation.